Finally got a useful action map coded. Before, the controller was just simply printing Strings. Now, Classes are being instantiated from a Properties file and the Action interface is working as it should. The latest version of the Controller is posted.
You can see that I have a default Action set up too. If for unknown reasons, a user finds themselves in a place the Controller can’t handle, the default Action kicks in. This could be caused by a user mistype or by a dead link.
Accomplished a few things today … I finally figured out how to create an externalized mapping of commands to classes. I was reading a chapter in the book JavaServer Pages by Oreilly. They described a popular technique of creating an Action Interface and then extending this interface to give you a mapping of actions to class names. This is the code snippet they show:
I removed the unwieldly wu-ftp stuff from the server today (wieldiness is proportional to my own knowledge) and replaced it with the ever promising ProFTP server. Of notability is its ability to avoid recursive DNS lookups which were slowing things down. If I see an attack, I’ll just do a whois.